This is great news. A medium size Carenado commuter for X-Plane 11. Personally, I’m waiting also for the Fokker model, but that’s for later. On behalf of Carenado, I would like to share with you the following news.
The Saab 340 is, logically, only for X-Plane 11 and comes with a huge list of interesting features like high-end 4k PBR (Physically-based Rendering) graphics throughout, with ultra-realistic materials rendition (Dynamic reflections, realistic metal and dielectric materials, etc.), fully customized in-depth annunciator logic/aural warning logic/throttle logic, with friction control, gate, flight idle and flight idle override, custom EHSI and EADI instruments and custom MFD85 with moving map, all featuring detachable pop-up windows and much more. Let’s make a list for you. A bit easier to read, right?
- Integrated FMS with detachable pop-up window (Laminar default)
- Custom APS85 Autopilot with detachable pop-up window
- Fully customized Custom Torque on Take-Off (CTOT) system
- Fully customized pusher (anti-stall) logic
- In-depth FMOD sound design implementation, including distance effects, realistic prop reversal effects, etc.
- Functional gust lock system
- Custom electrical system/Starter Logic/Fuel System/prop logic/Bleed Air System/Avionics busses/Hydraulic Logic (Requires, among other things, pressurizing brake lines prior to chock removal)/Electrical Temperature system/de-ice logic
- Custom independent windshield wiper logic (with functional off and park positions)
- Airspeed Indicator with “Barber Pole” and functional test sequence
- RealityXP GTN750 support (with 3D panel display support)
- Extensive VR support with snap points in every passenger seat (All knobs, buttons, dials, handles, etc. also optimized for VR usage)
- Extensive HDR lighting with gimballed 3D lights and dynamically illuminated tail logo and ice lights for amazing night lighting effects
- Ground steering (tiller) system
- Includes air conditioning, pressurization, and oxygen system
- Features reversionary logic for EHSI and EADI.
- All passenger seats support seat backs, table trays, arm rests, HDR reading lights, stewardess call buttons.
- Main door has optional retractable passenger stairs.
- Functional stewardess control panel
- Visible and functional Ground Power Unit
- End-user customizable via Manifest.json file.
- Goodway compatible
- Engine design optimized for XP11.30’s new turboprop model
- Flight dynamics optimized for latest improvements in XP11.30.
- Support for “librain” plugin, including wiper support (requires separate plugin install)
- Librain support also includes visual ice effects on windows.
The following requirements are needed:
- Windows XP – Vista – 7 -10 or MAC OS 10.10 (or higher) or Linux
- X-Plane 11
- CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K at 3.5 ghz or faster.
- Memory: 16-24 GB RAM or more.
- Video Card: a DirectX 12-capable video card from NVIDIA, AMD or Intel with at least 4 GB VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better or similar from AMD)
- 755MB available hard disk space
- INTERNET CONNECTION is required for installing this product.
More information can be found at the dedicated Carenado web page.