FlyAGI Tweak Utility Version 1.12b
Update Description (starting with the very first release): According to Agi “The main feature of this update is the new advanced cloud manipulation submenu (click ‚more‘ on the clouds switcher button) allowing to optimize the cloud appearance with many parameters. I think I will have to add some presets once I have figured out some good settings for the various cloud texture sets available and very likely I will find some bugs in the next few days so there will possibly be some more minor updates coming.”
“Sorry, another update to Version 1.10a providing presets for the following texture sets: Active Sky XP, FSEnhancer and Enviro+.
Oops, Agi has just updated his plugin to version 1.10b. According to Agi as I found myself suffering from hpoxia again and again I made oxygen controls available for the tweak utility so it’s now possible to equip all sort of aircraft with the native X-Plane crew oxygen system. Further I splitted up the baro + gyro helper into two separate tools to use them independently and fixed b2volumecontrol lua script incompatibility. On March 6th to version 1.10d. According to Agi “This time I made a Cloud Level fix for bringing the distant Clouds to the same height as the closer ones – this gives a more plausible look when seen from above and you will never fly towards unreachable walls of clouds again. Further, this fix brings the clouds to a correct altitude better matching the reported Cloud base and not thousands of feet above (as happening with most cloud tweaks).”
We’re pleased to inform you that FTU has reached update version 1.10e. According to Agi “The new Version 1.10e Features a gui scaling for larger screens and many small changes and fixes partially under the hood so I had to do some more testing than usually when adding or changing simpler code. Recently Agi updated his FTU once more namely to version 1.10h. According to Agi Well… I have the smaller bug fix update ready, no dramatic changes but a single new option ‚sky brightness‘ and some bug fixes regarding the visibility menu.”
But there’s more. Agi updated his FTU to version 1.10j and this update is special as he finds that. According to Agi “I released a new version with a pretty cool new feature. As I’m currently flying helicopters I missed the force trim function coming in some more complex addons in some less complex ones so I did this myself. The Tweak Utility is now capable of adding Force Trim functionality to any helicopter and there is a calibration system for getting highly accurate results as well.” Agi continues “I added force trim functionality for helicopter pilots – this allows to add force trim to any helicopter. There is also a calibration tool in the controller options, I strongly recommend to make use of it if force trim does not hold your current attitude as expected.” For more information, vist the dedicated Agi FTU page.”
Recent update to version 1.10p. This update contains the following new features and/or fixes/improvements:
- X-Visibility parameters can now be adjusted down to 0.0 values (1.10p)
- Added startup notification (1.10o)
- Main menu access does not save to file if startup is not finished (1.10o)
- Added atmosphere gain parameter to visibility options – decrease this value to fix possibly occuring white band effects near horizon (1.10n)
- Added Auto Governor options to helicopter menu (1.10m)
- Minor fixes (1.10m)
- Added helicopter options menu (1.10k)
- Moved force trim buttons to helicopter options (1.10k)
- Added rotor brake options for stopping the blades from spinning completely (1.10k)
- Added rotor brake automatic mode (1.10k)
- Fixed X-Camera compatibility problems (1.10k)
Added even more new features and lots of improvements. Agi has updated his FlyAgi Tweak Utility to version 1.11. The new version comes with the following change log list:
- Reworked fps display logic
- Reworked auto lod logic
- Added fps submenu
- Added fps display customization options
- Added benchmarking features
- Added air race feature
- Added New York City air race scenery
- Added water submenu
- Added auto water logic
- Added water effect customization options
- Added auto DSF visibility logic
- Minor changes
Attention … attention …. latest version
According to Agi “The new FTU 1.12 fixes some minor stuff for XP 11.40 and lots of stuff under the hood, there are no fancy new features this time. Because of the internal restructuring this version was in longer testing for some months now and should be stable but you have to remove the older installation before updating to avoid a mess in the new and clean file structure.
Your save files will get lost but there is a workaround for this:
- With your older FTU version create a sync file if not done already
- Save this file ‘FTU_Sync_Settings.ftu’ on your desktop and rename it ‘FTU_Sync_Settings.lua’
- Remove the old FTU installation from your scripts directory
- Install FTU 1.12 into your scripts directory
- Copy ‘FTU_Sync_Settings.lua’ from your desktop into ‘FlyAgi_Tweak_Utility/Userdata/Settings’ folder (create folders if needed)
- Start X-Plane and load the sync file into your aircraft
- New modules based file structure
- Modules and save files ending is now .lua instead of .ftu
- Per aircraft save files are now saved based on acf file name instead of ICAO entry (solves conflicts with different aircraft using the same ICAO or none at all)
- All save files are now stored in new ‘userdata’ subfolder
- Changed bird strikes damage logic to only fix bird strike related damages instead of all systems
- Fixed bird strike damage controls not working properly in 11.40
- Fixed static planes setting issues in 11.40
- Increased default static planes lod to 3500
- Added custom throttle command including sensitivity adjustment button in helicopter option menu (useful if throttle is controlled with buttons or keys instead of axes)
- Minor fixes
I also added a completely Independent clouds saving system: Users now can store their custom clouds into up to 99 save files. For making sharing easier there is also a share mode: When in share mode the clouds will be stored into and loaded from separate share files so users don’t have to risk loosing their own save files when importing configurations provided by other users. Of Course the normal saving is still fully functional, this is all just an addition for saving, restoring and sharing other configurations than my presets.
This time I made a Cloud Level fix for bringing the distant Clouds to the same height as the closer ones – this gives a more plausible look when seen from above and you will never fly towards unreachable walls of clouds again. Further, this fix brings the clouds to a correct altitude better matching the reported Cloud base and not thousands of feet above (as happening with most cloud tweaks). Important note from AGI; You will need FlyWithLua Next Generation if you want to use the utility – it WILL NOT WORK with FlyWithLua Core Edition!
Why do you need another tweak and settings script?
I know there are some settings and tweaking tools out there but none of them did satisfy me so I always kept tweaking myself with simple scripts for changing the parameters that really impact performance without sacrificing visual appearance to much. For making this easier and to have the possibility to use different tweaks and settings in different aircraft I wrote the tweak utility. All the settings the utility gives access to have an instant effect without the need of a scenery reload (except the extended DSFs switch, it initiates a reload when clicked) and I think they are more or less self explanatory.
Is it a worthy product?
Believe me it is. Your personal reporter Angelique van Campen trigged to find out all the inns and outs and she’s amazed in what this tiny lua program can do.
The Tweak Utility comes with the following Features and possible settings:
- Graphical user interface
- Automatic loading and saving of all settings (except extended DSFs) on a per aircraft basis
- Manual LOD control
- Automatic LOD control
- LOD control presets for 60 or 30 fps targets
- Customizable fps target for automatic LOD control
- FPS drop compensation for reducing frame drops
- Customizable threshold value for fps drop compensation
- Clouds tweak for more faster and more natural looking clouds
- White out control
- Road traffic control
- Water effect control
- Water reflections control independent of X-Plane reflection slider
- Fog control
- Disable extended DSFs (including automatic scenery reload)
- Fuel tank selector for automatically switching fuel tanks
- Control for automatic barometric pressure and gyro compass adjustment
- Quick access for weight and balance menu (incl. support for third party payload managers, currently Thranda, JustFlight, Carenado, vFlyteair)
- FPS display with LOD level information
- Status information for all settings with auto fade out
- Presets for quick access to some more useful configurations (incl. XP defaults und utility default settings)
- Most settings are accessible using customizable keyboard or joystick buttons
- Nice looking user interface
- Aircraft specific features (currently supported: Dmax3d Tecnam P2002)
- GUI integration for XPRealistic
- GUI integration for X-Visibility
- Shadow options
- Joystick calibration (Nullzones, centerzones, sensitivity and stability)
- Synchronization of most settings (no need to configure all aircraft from scratch)
Bird Strikes configuration
Some installation notes to know regarding this program:
Download and unpack ‘FlyAgi_Tweak_Utility.zip’ and copy the files and folders
into the FlyWithLua scripts directory. After that, most tweaks are active (preset utility defaults) and for maximum performance you should enable automatic LOD control.
If the utility crashes on startup please remove all older save files from the script directory.
This package is offered to you by X-Plained.Com. It is free for personal and/or private use. It is not allowed to copy, publish or redistribute any part of any file or package from this website without prior permission from X-Plained.Com or from the developer. Commercial use of the package or parts of it, is prohibited in any way.
Keep in mind that your maximum download per day is set to 15 files or packages a day.