FlyAGI Tweak Utility Version 1.09f
Update Description: According to Agi “I fixed the sound folder checking not working correctly leading to a lua stop if the sound folder was deleted. Further I added an option to disable the sound engine completely in the launcher if it is not used at all. If you just want to disable sound in certain aircraft please use the normal ‘sounds on/off’ switch in the main menu as this option is stored per aircraft.
- Fixed sound folder check for not crashing lua if sound folder is missing
- Added option to enable or disable sound engine in the launcher options (requires script reload to have an effect)”
Find here the link to the AGI webpage with all the change logs since the initial release.
We’re pleased to inform you that with the approval of FlyAGI, we’re able to host and promote his FlyAGI Tweak Utility. According to AGI; “I finally made a more complex lua script for optimizing performance and fix or tweak some other stuff. The script provides a graphical interface for high usability and can be controlled by keyboard or joystick button commands as well.”
Important note from AGI; “You will need FlyWithLua Next Generation if you want to use the utility – it WILL NOT WORK with FlyWithLua Core Edition!”
Why do you need another tweak and settings script?
I know there are some settings and tweaking tools out there but none of them did satisfy me so I always kept tweaking myself with simple scripts for changing the parameters that really impact performance without sacrificing visual appearance to much. For making this easier and to have the possibility to use different tweaks and settings in different aircraft I wrote the tweak utility. All the settings the utility gives access to have an instant effect without the need of a scenery reload (except the extended DSFs switch, it initiates a reload when clicked) and I think they are more or less self explanatory.
Is it a worthy product?
Believe me it is. Your personal reporter Angelique van Campen trigged to find out all the inns and outs and she’s amazed in what this tiny lua program can do.
The Tweak Utility comes with the following Features and possible settings:
- Graphical user interface
- Automatic loading and saving of all settings (except extended DSFs) on a per aicraft basis
- Manual LOD control
- Automatic LOD control
- LOD control presets for 60 or 30 fps targets
- Customizable fps target for automatic LOD control
- FPS drop compensation for reducing frame drops
- Customizable threshold value for fps drop compensation
- Clouds tweak for more faster and more natural looking clouds
- White out control
- Road traffic control
- Water effect control
- Water reflections control independent of X-Plane reflection slider
- Fog control
- Disable extended DSFs (including automatic scenery reload)
- Fuel tank selector for automatically switching fuel tanks
- Control for automatic barometric pressure and gyro compass adjustment
- Quick access for weight and balance menu (incl. support for third party payload managers, currently Thranda, JustFlight, Carenado, vFlyteair)
- FPS display with LOD level information
- Status information for all settings with auto fade out
- Presets for quick access to some more useful configurations (incl. XP defaults und utility default settings)
- Most settings are accessible using customizable keyboard or joystick buttons
- Nice looking user interface
- Aircraft specific features (currently supported: Dmax3d Tecnam P2002)
- GUI integration for XPRealistic
- GUI integration for X-Visibility
- Shadow options
- Joystick calibration (Nullzones, centerzones, sensitivity and stability)
- Synchronization of most settings (no need to configure all aircraft from scratch)
Bird Strikes configuration
Some installation notes to know regarding this program:
Download and unpack ‘FlyAgi_Tweak_Utility.zip’ and copy the files and folders
into the FlyWithLua scripts directory. After that, most tweaks are active (preset utility defaults) and for maximum performance you should enable automatic LOD control.
If the utility crashes on startup please remove all older save files from the script directory.
This package is offered to you by X-Plained.Com. It is free for personal and/or private use. It is not allowed to copy, publish or redistribute any part of any file or package from this website without prior permission from X-Plained.Com or from the developer. Commercial use of the package or parts of it, is prohibited in any way.
Keep in mind that your maximum download per day is set to 15 files or packages a day.
The following download button (link) is a modified Environment+ 1.1 lua script. It’s basically the original Environment+ script with a couple of exclusions so this modified lua script still has the power to modify the clouds, but that it also works with FlyAGI Tweak Utility.
Caution: Read the version update 1.09e description before doing anything!