We’re pleased that dedicated X-Plained member Freddy De Pues from NAPS had the time to share his X-Plane 11 screenshots with us as well as what issues he has faced. Yes, we’re all aware that X-Plane 11 is still in beta or in the case of Freddy’s screenshots, from the Public Beta.
This is Fred’s first look and feel of X-Plane 11, but perhaps Fred hasn’t seen all the new features or perhaps not everything isn’t yet implemented. Anyway, this is Fred’s idea so far:
- Crashes a lot on startup with Custom Scenery at 257GB. At the end, you get the welcome screen anyway.
- XP10 Custom Scenery transfer or import, no problem, aircraft imports, don’t work. (didn’t try HD3 Mesh).
- Longer scenery loading time.
- Better FPS than in XP10.
- Hazy atmosphere.
- Contrails at lower altitudes.
- European autogen buildings have a German look everywhere.
- Selecting FOV you see what you get (angle of view).
- Nice preselected Chinese hat views, pan right, left, and up and down!
- No change in water or waves. Same weather engine.
- Less graphic tunings.
Overall impression not many differences with XP10, but what said, perhaps not all is implemented yet or Fred needs a couple more flying hours to see all the “new” ins and outs. Many thanks Fred for your input!