On behalf of Alexander Barthel from Little NavMap we’re pleased to inform you that Little NavMap has been updated to version 2.4.4.
First some words for those who aren’t familiar with Little NavMap. “Little NavMap is a free open source flight planner, navigation tool, moving map, airport search and airport information system for Flight Simulator X, Prepar3D and X-Plane. A widely configurable map display using the OpenStreetMap as a background map which is only one option of many online and included offline maps. The map shows airports, navaids, airways, airspaces, AI or multiplayer aircraft and ships as well as airport weather and winds aloft. A seamlessly integrated airport diagram displays taxiways, displaced thresholds, overrun areas, aprons, parking spots and more. Use can place airport traffic patterns or holdings on the map.
It supports approach and departure procedures like SIDs, STARs, custom final approaches, offers several automatic flight plan calculation options and multiple export formats like GFP (Reality XP GTN and Flight1 GTN), FPL (Reality XP GNS), GPX, RTE, FLP and X-Plane FMS as well as drag and drop flight plan editing on the map. The program can read the PLN, FMS and FLP flight plan formats. more info can be found at the dedicated Little NavMap page.
And now info about the updated version. According to Alexander the updated version comes with the following notable changes:
- Winds aloft forecast for display and fuel planning.
- Wind gust factor in airport weather symbols.
- Alternate airports for flight plan and fuel planning.
- Complete rework of logbook. Separated from userpoints and improved functionality.
- Permanent aircraft performance collection. Results can be merged any time. Improvements to fuel planning.
- Accurate fuel and time prediction in aircraft progress tab based on aircraft performance.
- Internal webserver. Access map and flight plan from everywhere.
- ILS tooltip and information.
- User defined final approach for vertical guidance including VASI and ILS slope at any airport.
- Preferred runway by wind for airports in tooltip and information.
- Nearest navaids and airports around a selected airport.
- Display holdings on map like traffic patterns.
- Two new map navigation modes: Click to center and navigation areas for touchscreens.
- Map images can now be saved with an arbitrary size.
- Hide columns in flight plan table.
- Can highlight full airways from information window
Maplink like airspaces.
- Improved airspace database. Added user airspaces. Assign online centers to airspace geometry.
- Movable and closable tabs. Tab menu button and context menu for tabs.
- Fixed all known procedure display issues.
- Display alternate fuel units and true course optionally.
- User features like range rings, holds and others can be hidden on the map.
- Error and warning messages in user interface have tooltip for more information now.
- Many user interface improvements and bug fixes for procedure display, METAR parsing and more.
Curious? I’m sure you are! Fro more information please visit the Little NavMap website. Want to see how Little NavMap looks like? Then you MUST check out this dedicated LNM webpage.