Over the years it has always been the policy of Laminar Research to continually improve X-Plane, providing the most realistic flight simulation available, with flight modeling so accurate that has been adopted by numerous commercial aviation organizations. Now with the release of the latest update, X-Plane 10.50, Laminar has raised desktop flight simulation to a new level of realism.
The updates in version 10.50 are too numerous to list, but they can be found in their entirety on the X-Plane website.
Major features of the 10.50 update include:
– Hundreds of new detailed 3-D airports… now with auto-placed static parked aircraft.
– New U.S. city autogen for more realistic scenery… with buildings scaled to their accurate heights.
– Greatly improved Baron & King Air aircraft and 3-D cockpits.
– Global winds aloft files.
– Better AI (artificial intelligence) with virtual aircraft traffic.
– Added support for auto configuration of the Control Pad and Xavion Mobile Apps.
– Improved appearance of clouds.
– Better randomization of AI parking spots.
– Drastic improvement in the speed of the UI.
– Ability to steer certain guided weapon systems with the joystick.
– Better animated effects (prop, etc) in replay mode.
– Frame rate and other performance improvements.
… and numerous bug fixes.