This is smashing news … OpenSceneryX version 3.0.0 has been released by aussi.
According to aussi “It’s a huge release with nearly 1000 additional objects. RE_Library by Einstein is also incorporated in this version so in future you won’t need both libraries installed. If you already have the OpenSceneryX installer on your machine, just re-run it and it will just download the new content. If not, grab the installer from opensceneryx.com.”
It’s a massive new release of the library, with almost 1,000 new objects. Here are the full release notes:
New scenery objects in this version:
Incorporated most of RE_Library by Richard C Elliott (einstein at the .org) into OpenSceneryX, which is about 900 objects. There are too many to list individually here, but the collection includes offices, radio installations, vehicles, hangars, fire stations, control towers, terminals and visual control rooms. Thank you Richard for offering this merge, it is hugely appreciated and expands the scope of OpenSceneryX considerably.
- IMPORTANT NOTE 1: Certain iconic objects from specific airports were not included because OpenSceneryX, by design, does not contain world-unique objects (for example, the old EGCC Manchester International control tower). If any designer has used these objects, they will disappear. To fix this, airport designers will need to include these objects directly in their scenery packages. Richard has given permission to use his objects directly in this way (see the documentation in the RE_Library package) but as a courtesy it might be polite to drop him a note to let him know.
- IMPORTANT NOTE 2: Some objects that were very similar to others were merged, for efficiency.
- IMPORTANT NOTE 3: Because OSX requires all vehicles to be facing North with the tip of the nose at the origin, The RE_Library fire engines will change position and orientation. I’m afraid the only way to sort this out is for airport designers to tweak the placements of these objects and release new versions of their airports.
- IMPORTANT NOTE 4: Some of the control tower objects in RE_Library were combinations of specific office blocks and specific Visual Control Rooms (VCRs). For efficiency, these have been replaced with the equivalent office blocks (without VCR), so airports that have used these will need to be modified to have a VCR placed on top of the office block. However, this has the added advantage that many more building / VCR combinations are now possible.
– Four Supacat SUV600 fire vehicles, based on Land Rover 6×6 chassis.
– A set of fire training rigs in a variety of colours.
– A set of churches in two sizes and a variety of construction materials.
– A fuel hydrant hatch polygon.
– A collection of metal sheds.
– A pair of white and yellow bollards.
– A hotel.
– A school / play-centre.
– A wooden bungalow.
– A pair of concrete barriers.
– A small orange cone.
– A hut constructed from a shipping container.
– A set of shipping containers in various sizes and textures.
– A small office constructed from a shipping container.
– A wooden airport security building.
– A wooden clubhouse.
– A GPU unit.
– A wooden airport terminal building.
– A wooden hangar with a house attached.
– Two baggage carts.
– A baggage cart tractor.
– A small tug.
– A 27m concrete control tower.
– A selection of fire extinguishers, standalone and in cabinets.
And the lost of new features goes on and one. You can check it at the dedicated OpenSceneryX v3.0.0 web page.
After I wrote to you…I thought.. I wonder if WED has a newer Version??They do, and after I installed it there was no more problems with the New Open Scenery or with any other library. I am sorry I did not check that before.
There is not a problem with the new Open Scenery if you use the Wed 171r2 in the Mac OS.
Once again my apologies.
I am using:
IMAC 5k 27 in late 2015
4GHZ Intel core i7-memory -32GB 1867 MHz -DDR3-Raedeon R9 M395X 4096 MB
Running: WED Mac-160b1.
After I installed the new version of Openscenery..none of the ruscenery was available.. it turned them into little red squares.. when I removed the new Openscenery..the ru scenery was available again.
Lucky for me I had an older version of Open Scenery.. I reinstalled the old version so all the airports that use Openscenery will still look ok.
I have also noticed, that in, WED Mac 160b1, the objects in Open Scenery do not appear in the bottom left graphic window..and do not appear on the main world window. Just little X in the main window.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Perhaps Donald, it’s also an idea to write this and let OpenSceneryX this issue know.