A new version (4.1.0) of OpenSceneryX is out. If you already have the latest installer, just re-run it to get the latest updates. If you don’t have the installer, download it from the website here. Here is what’s new:
New scenery objects in this version:
- Added all flags from Flags of the World by Mr 3D and Chris Noe into OpenSceneryX. Note that the versions included in OpenSceneryX are rotated 90° from the originals, to conform to the standard of being aligned with the wind when placed at 0° (default) rotation.
- Added all flags from Flags of the USA by Mr 3D and Chris Noe into OpenSceneryX. Note that the versions included in OpenSceneryX are rotated 90° from the originals, to conform to the standard of being aligned with the wind when placed at 0° (default) rotation.
Added missing temperate conifer forests from FlyAgi Vegetation library.
Modified scenery objects in this version:
- Replaced Finland and UK flags with new versions from Flags of the World, which no longer need a plugin for the animation. As a result of this, these flags are now correctly oriented to the wind when placed at 0° rotation (default). IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have already used either of these flags in a scenery package, please ensure the rotation is reset to 0°.
- All the new lines added from DT_Library in v4.0.0 were missing their normal textures. These have now been added.
- Support upcoming feature of WED to lock the rotation of an object to a specific angle (e.g. for objects that rotate in the wind). All existing objects in OpenSceneryX that rotate in the wind have had this attribute added, to lock them to 0° rotation.
- Object dimensions are now interrogated directly from the model, automatically. All objects in the library have had their dimensions injected into the documentation.
- All items with seasonal variants can now have multiple seasonal screenshots in the documentation, displayed as an image carousel. Here’s a nice example. All objects have had seasonal screenshots generated, but forests probably won’t as screenshots have to be created by hand for those, and it would ba a mammoth task.
- Updated the Backup Library to v2.4.0
- Added a couple more simHeaven export paths for wind turbines for use in their packages.
- The website descriptions of the Hawker Seafury and Supermarine Spitfire were swapped over. This didn’t affect the library, just the documentation.
- The website description of the B29 Superfortress claimed it was a B17 Flying Fortress. This didn’t affect the library, just the documentation.
- All documentation pages on the website now include tooltip hover help for lots of the information provided, giving more information about each item and links through to the official X-Plane® documentation where appropriate – just hover your mouse over the ⓘ icons.
- All documentation pages on the website that contain dimensions now have both metric and imperial values (metres, feet and miles as appropriate).
Check it out at the OpenSceneryX website.