RA Library Version 1.2
I wanted textures with normal map and specularity for my airports , and tried to find the best technique for photorealism in near sight and diversity in far sight . Look at my airports and the pictures to see the results .
These textures are designed to be used with overlays . Overlays have two functions : customize the tarmac (don’t forget in WED to change the heading property to respect the coherence with the satellite image) , and especially break the tiles effect which is inevitable at this degree of precision for 2K textures .
INSTALLATION : merge RA_Library folders found in RA_part1.zip and RA_part2.zip in ONE folder on your desktop ( the library.txt is the same in the two parts , so simply overwrite it ), and put RA_Library into custom scenery folder . Don’t forget to declare it in scenery.ini.
If everything is correct , you must have in RA_Library folder 7 folders + one library.txt (“# RA library – version: 1.2” ) .
- Textures : 10 asphalt,8 concrete , 2 dirt and 1 stone , with normal map and specularity.
- Overlays : different overlays to put above textures for realism, diversity and best visual from a high view . All overlays have specularity.
- Patches : all sorts of tar lines and stains with specularity. [all overlays and patches come generally each in 2 different types of files (.pol and .lin ) , and 2 different sizes (L and XL) ; .lin files are used preferably for long taxiways and runways , and curved lines]
- Runways : QuickSpecular is an overlay for having specularity on LR runways (best match with the misterX version : HD environment) with 3 different tints : light, dark and brown. EdgeMask is used to mask the edges of the LR runway.
- Vegetation : 3 collections for dry landscape , green landscape and hedges .[Grass4TarLines (using on Tar00.lin )and Grass4Edges (along the … edges) must be used preferably with “Lines type” in WED , not with “Area types”] [TIP : combine several type of .for with different density for best visual (ex: lawn01 (density 0.6) + lawn 02 (dens 0.2) + lawn03 (dens 0.2) )]
- Ground : overlays for edges of taxiways (and runways) , and for soil with bump effect (normal map).
- Markings : two kind of markings called new and old (but better called large and small) with specularity.
TIP : in WED , there is often ,on my overlays and patches .pol , a problem like in the picture , causing the fact that you cannot see any pol on WED main window (no problem on xplane) . I didn’t find the cause of this “bug” but you can easily solve it by relaunching WED one or two times .
This package is offered to you by X-Plained.Com. It is free for personal and/or private use. It is not allowed to copy, publish or redistribute any part of any file or package from this website without prior permission from X-Plained.Com or from the developer. Commercial use of the package or parts of it, is prohibited in any way.