No no, don’t worry. It’s not Uncle Sam that has been updated, but Marten his Scenery Animation Manager that has been updated to version 2.0.1. Note that the current version 2.0.1 is only for Windows and Linux systems. Marten is working on an updated version for macOS. Keep on monitoring our new post for the update for macOS.
In addition to the latest Scenery Animation Manager we created a free seasonal texture library which can be controlled through the SAM plugin menu. There also is a free SDK available in case you would like to adapt your scenery to these. The download link for this SAM extension is included at the end of this news post.
We’re more than pleased to inform you that with the approval of Marten or also known as X-Plane.Org user marten@stairport, we are able to host and promote his X-Plane 11 plugin. Oh no, not just a plugin, no, a great plugin.
According to Marten; SAM (Scenery Animation Manager) is a native X-Plane 11 plugin offering different possibilities to scenery authors focused on animations. A library with pre-animated objects like Jetways, VDGS, Marshaller, Hangars, Wind Turbines etc. is the starting point for developers to experiment with. You can either use these objects or create and animate your own.
Updated version 2.0.0 (November 19th 2019) comes with the following fixes and/or additions or improvements:
- New User Interface with plenty of new features
- Colors and Seasons menu (+ additional free seasons library)
- Automatic connection mode now connects to closest door as long as no door is predefined
- Manual connection mode offers full control of any jetway
- Jetway status indication (can be disabled)
- Flightplan import from Vatsim, IVAO, PilotEdge and SimBrief
- New VDGS model Honeywell-AVDGS-PA3 including flight details
- Online Version check for Plugin/Library + Extensions
- Fixed VDGS pole drawing distance
- Fixed jetway solid type 1 extension and templates
- Fixed missing LIT texture on Honeywell AVDGS
What’s New in Version 2.0.1 which was updated December 4th 2019:
- Changed library file structure
- Added system to keep libraries in the highest scenery priority
- Adapted manual for new installation instructions
- Increased plugin loading time for pre-cached airports
- Added VMAX 787 config
- Fixed Zibo v3.38+ door height
- Fixed wrong pole object texture
- Fixed wrong color button logic
- Added authentification system for extensions
- Added WorldJetway extension (payware)
- Added linux version
The plugin is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 which means it is free to use for all users and for all freeware sceneries. If you are a payware developer you can get a license for your project in our shop. Check it out at our dedicated Scenery Animation Manager download page and the SAM Extension | Seasons Library download page.