X-Plane 11 continues the evolution of the desktop version of X-Plane. Over the years it has always been the policy of Laminar Research to continually improve X-Plane, providing the most realistic flight simulation available, with flight modeling so accurate that it has been adopted by numerous commercial aviation organizations.
X-Plane 11 continues this evolution with new aircraft, scenery, and 3-D airports. This new version also incorporates the newest technology available in computing and graphics processing, resulting in breathtaking visual and dynamic effects.
Some of the major features of X-Plane 11 include:
• A brand new intuitive user interface and control setup
• A completely overhauled aircraft fleet with detailed documentation, plus multiple new aircraft
• High-resolution exteriors and detailed 3-D cockpits for many aircraft
• New global auto-gen scenery with both European and North American details
• The latest road placement and global scenery from open street map are included
• Now with over 3000 airports with 3-D buildings & airport scenery
• Airports are now populated with dynamic, driving service vehicles and static and dynamic aircraft.
• New rendering engine for enhanced lighting and water effects
• Updated weather and atmospheric effects
• Enhanced performance from the modern 64-bit engine
X-Plane 11 will be available as both a digital download and also in a DVD format. It is expected to be released by Laminar Research by the end of 2016. For more information on Laminar Research and X-Plane: www.x-plane.com.